Thursday, September 22, 2011

The New Man In My Life

I am happy to announce that I've met someone! I'd been feeling lost, and decided it was time to see what was out there. I just wasn't sure how to go about. Friends were no help, which was too bad. I've used dating sites before, so I went on the internet and checked out a few profiles, trying to decide who was my type. A couple captured my interest, so we met up in a few public places. They were cute enough, but just didn't seem compatible with my lifestyle.

You've heard about finding the right one when you're busy looking for something or someone else? Well, that's how it worked for us. I'm just looking around in the mall, when I looked up. A beautiful face happened to catch my eye. It was kind of awkward to be caught looking at someone, but what makes me giggle is that that someone had been caught looking at me, as well. We said hi, chitchatted for a bit. I really liked his personality, and, most important, he made me smile. (And he's cute, which is always a nice bonus!)

We've shared a few drinks, hung out for a bit, had those long talks about where we've gone in life. You know, gotten to know each other a bit. We think we're ready to move on to more. I'm not getting all serious, trust me, but I do think we're ready for something longer than just drinks. He loves to travel in general, and, specifically, loves long drives. The HUGE plus! BIG Whose Live fan!! He is ready and raring to go to any and all improv shows with me! I've been looking for someone to go to the shows with, have someone to talk to on those long drives, and he seems to be it! Will try short safe drives at first, and make sure we don't get into silly arguments about routes and stops. When we build up to longer trips, I have my basic routine down,  and notify people of my itinerary and specific times. (I call it my APB info.) I am NOT worried, though.

This could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

OH! I forgot one thing: his name. It is....drum roll, please... Tom Tom.

3 comments:

  1. Tom Tom? What an odd name. Is he Asian? Doesn't matter, just curious. Glad you found someone to go on all those long drives with, even if he is a dashboard lothario. :) Girl, I read the first bit and thought "this woman is OUT of her FREAKing mind!" well, yeah, true dat, but funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't out of my freaking mind, I don't think I'd be able to write at all. :D

    ReplyDelete