Monday, August 29, 2011

Not harsh, just New England

I wrote this because this is how it affected most of the eastern shores of New England. In other words, it didn't. The inner lands and people have my sympathies and thoughts.

"THERE you are!!! It's windy here. That's it. Buncha weather losers. It's New England. I'm surprised the sun isn't out by now. I bought water yesterday because I always buy bottled water. The rest of the world went cuckoo. We did have a serious downpour yesterday for about half an hour. Just enough to flood the same streets that always flood in those storms. Yet another mountain out of a molehill. Wimps."

As far as our area is concerned, I think that the weather panics and "chicken little" weathermen's dire predictions of famine (Oh no! Get all the bread and water NOW!) and pestilence (HIDE) will slow down significantly, if not stop all together when those who went through the Blizzard of '78 retire. 

I hate the particular weather, sometimes. But I live in New England, now by choice, and it's where I experience life--Mother Nature at her worst, her best, and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment